Welcome to STRIVERS Running Club for Girls
The Fall Team is wrapping up an amazing season. We have volunteered at the Natick Service Council, Tufts 10K Road Race, listened to a great author presentation and so much more. Join us as we run in Bill’s Pizzeria 5k on 10/26 to benefit The Travis Roy Foundation!
Who are the STRIVERS?
We are an exclusive “running club” for girls. The entire focus of our program is on building a solid foundation for a healthy, lifetime habit of running.
The mission of the STRIVERS Running Club for Girls is to develop a strong, confident, athletic, and community-loyal young woman. This is achieved through the process of training and completing a 5k Road Race within a supportive team environment.
The STRIVERS program is designed for 4th, 5th and 6th grade girls. Members become runners, experience the sense of accomplishment when they successfully complete a 5k, and learn the power that runners can bring to a community when they work together.
Within the STRIVERS Running Club for Girls (SRCG) your daughters:
STRIVE for athletic confidence through non-competitive workouts designed to gradually and safely build endurance to run or walk the 5k race distance. They exert themselves to do their best at all times and make every effort to prepare for race day. Their training is done within a supportive team environment that fosters friendship and camaraderie.
STRIVE for personal growth by attending motivational speaking presentations, nutrition seminars, and author-led discussion groups. This allows your daughters to strengthen their social skills, confidence and self esteem as young ladies.
STRIVE for community leadership by reaching outside of themselves and positively impacting the community they live in.
To date, the STRIVERS have:
- raised more than $12,700 for the Doug Flutie Jr. Autism Foundation
- raised more than $3,500 for the Travis Roy Foundation
- raised more than $7,300 for Lovelane, a therapeutic horseback riding program for children in Lincoln, MA
- collected more than 1,500 books for MetroWest Medical Center’s Framingham Union Pediatric Clinic
- donated many items and service hours to The Natick Service Council
- sponsored the annual fall back pack collection for “A Place to Turn” in Natick
- sponsored Natick’s Annual Jingle Bell Run and have raised more than $18,800 for the Natick Service Council through our race www.NatickJingleBellRun.com
- raised $7,800 for The ONE Fund Boston with our fundraiser “Run/Walk One for The ONE Fund”
How can I involve my daughter in STRIVERS Running Club for Girls?
Our program runs twice a year, Fall and Spring. We limit the number of girls we take in each session in order to make this experience rewarding for your daughter and allow us to maintain the intimacy of the group. Girls interested in STRIVERS should have some athletic ability and the desire to run. Please go to the The Program tab for detailed information and important dates. Information on how to register can be found under the Registration tab.